Sunday, May 28, 2006

Helpless

I once saw Moby sing Neil Young's song Helpless in NYC at a Tsunami Relief fundraiser. It was a moving moment after such a tragedy. While nowhere close to that scale, personally this week I experienced the feeling of helplessness....Someone close to me lost their father rather unexpectedly and I wanted to support her with my physical presence yet I could not due to distance. The feeling of helplessness was very hard to handle. I realized prior to leaving that being away from friends and family was going to be the hardest part of this move. However, now that the rubber has hit the road the physical barrier is creating more dis-ease than I imagined (as I know I will miss important rituals such as birthdays (blessings to my Gemini friends), graduations, passing of loved ones, the development of baby Jalen, weddings, little big things and so forth).

No comments: