Monday, July 16, 2007

Amsterdam

After two months in the U.S. I decided to head to Amsterdam for some relaxation prior to returning to India. Every time I arrive in Amsterdam a warm and peaceful vibe washes over me (which is not from inhaling the smoke wafting from the coffee shops, but I have heard it can have a similar effect). With more bikes than people, canals than Venice, friendly people and beautiful architecture it is not hard to fall under its spell. My Uncle Roger has lived in Amsterdam for over ten years and is always gracious enough to open up his home. I was fortunate to spend time with my Dutch friend Caroline that I met in India and my buddy Nate who is working in London this summer. It was splendid to catch up with both of them and enjoy the relaxed pace of life in Holland.

No comments: