Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Turning pages and starting a new Chapter


In May of 06 I left the States and moved to India to work for a company named Satyam and for my own personal development. This experience is one I am extremely grateful for and impacted my development on all levels on self. Professionally we were able to create amazing results and impact for the organization. Unfortunately on January 7th the CEO of our company announced that he had cooked the books by over 1 billions USD!! The news rocked India and the 53,000 employees of Satyam. Only a handful of executives knew this was going on. This article and video give a good summary of what transpired: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7818220.stm
Since the 7th of January the companies board of directors was replaced by Indian government appointed business leaders and subsequently was acquired by another Indian company Tech Mahindra. Trying to help the organization manage this crisis and go through the acquisition process has been an undertaking our team has been focused on. There have been rich learning's from the process and on the 14th of August I will end my end my tenure with the company.
As a capstone to this professional chapter I have decided to backpack through South America starting in mid August. I look forward to the opportunity to decompress from the last 3+ years of working for Satyam and clear space for my next professional chapter, whatever that might be.

1 comment:

mountaingirl said...

Hi Joshua,

Great idea to backpack through S.America!! The journey itself will be a very rewarding experience.

As one of the Chinese sayings goes, "A break is to prepare oneself for an even greater journey." I am sure your next professional chapter after the break will be just as brilliant!

I myself left Dubai last year after 4 1/2 intensive and rewarding working years, took a 9 months break in Germany, learnt the language and have started recently yet another interesting professional chapter.

It is worth the while to take a break. Good luck and all the best to you!

Cheers
Sue :-)