Tuesday, April 04, 2006

New Life...



This past week I returned to the DC area for two reasons. One, to close a five year chapter in my life and the second, to welcome the birth and new life of Jalen Moore Roy born March 14th, 2006 (Son of my cousin Caity and her husband Jason). After five years of working for Booz Allen I decided it was time for change. Up until now I have not been good with goodbyes and my pattern was to avoid them. There have been many times I have done this and never seen people again...Which I regret. So I decided to face my fear and go to Mclean and personally say goodbye to individuals that have positively impacted my life. It was not easy, however the feeling of closure I received was well worth it. So that part of my life is over and in the same timeframe I was greeted by a healthy, beautiful baby boy! When I 1st meet Jalen I was flooded with thoughts and emotions... he was so pure, untainted by the world and an abundance of possibilities ahead of him...and then I thought about his future, the world he was entering and the challenges of raising a child while also having to balance your own hopes, dreams, and desires. It has occurred to me in the past and was solidified this past weekend that raising a child can be a pure demonstration of unconditional love.


With so many things consuming my thoughts this past week the one constant was the joy of new life and the possibilities it holds. Whether it is the birth of a child, the beginning of a relationship or job, going to a place you have never been, choosing to let go of something or someone that does not serve you, blah blah blah...

The bottom line is new life can conjure up feelings of fear and once you breakthough those it can be extremely liberating and invigorating.

No comments: