Monday, February 25, 2008

Dubai

Home to 25% of the world’s construction equipment, the worlds only 7 star hotel, an indoor ski slope, man made islands, the tallest building on the planet and more luxury cars (which are more affordable due to the fact there are NO TAXES!) then I have ever seen in one concentrated area are all manifestations of this the economic powerhouse. The rate and type of development that has occurred over the past 15 years is phenomenal. This link illustrates what an architectural and development marvel Dubai is: http://www.dubai-architecture.info/DUB-GAL1.htm


While there for business I also had the opportunity to connect with Aline, a friend from High School who I had not seen in over 14 years. She lives in Dubai and was kind enough to show me around and schooled me on the Arab culture which I find fascinating.




After my trip to Dubai it is clear that the dream of an oasis in the desert has become a reality.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

can we please talk about Dubai?!