Saturday, December 11, 2010

Playas de Mexico

This year I have been fortunate to visit many of the beaches of Mexico. Here is a little summary of my experiences and suggestions in ranked order.


1. Playa de Carmen & Tulum, Rivera Maya- The most physically beautiful beaches I have been to in Mexico. The white sand beach and azure water make it a great place to relax.















2. Sayulita & Litibu (Cerca de Puerto Vallerta) - This area is low-key, has a bohemian vibe and has decent waves for surfing. My favorite for atmosphere.











3. Beach camping (Between Acapulco and Zihuatanejo)- Nothing beats the waves rocking you to sleep and waking up to the sunrise in solitude. There are various areas to camp on the beach all around the Mexican coast and I highly recommend giving it a try.












4. Acapulco - I visited the area 4 times this year and each experience was very different. Since it is around a 4hr drive from the DF it is always an attractive option. Acapulco has a diverse range of choices from romantic hotels like Las Brisas to huge villas you can rent for party weekends.













#1 Mexican Beach on my list for next year to explore is Puerto Escondido.

No comments: