Thursday, June 23, 2011

CIRCLE OF LIFE

On the same day a few weeks ago my 30 year old cousin Kelly passed away and her brother & wife welcomed into the world a new baby boy, Nathaniel. It also happened to be my grandmothers birthday.

This weekend we will celebrate both of the life of Kelly & formally bless & welcome Nathaniel into the world.

This is a wonderful poem that I am dedicating to Kelly:

Do not stand at my grave a weep

For I am not there

I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow

I am the diamonds glint on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain

I am the gentle autumn’s rain

In the soft bush of the morning light

I am the swift bird in flight

Don’t stand at my grave and cry

I am not there

I did not die

-unknown Native American author

Visit all4dawomyn's Xanga Site!

No comments: