Tuesday, June 07, 2011

RUNNING DOWN A DREAM


I have had running a marathon on my bucket list for awhile now...I figured before my body deteriorates anymore I should DO IT!!!

Now this is no easy feat so I decided to be strategic about making sure I accomplish this challenging goal.


1. I picked a picturesque location (Maui) and promised myself a vacation there afterwards
2. I booked the flight and registered 6 months in advance to make sure I wouldn't back out
3. I am running for a cause. I am making this achievement about more than me, its about helping others. When I am on mile 24 with 2 more to go and I consider quitting I will remember that I would be letting down the people I am raising money to support
4. I am broadcasting my goal here and telling everyone in my extended network, which will enhance my accountability
5. I am tracking my training both from a distance perspective and writing about the experience.

With all these strategies in place I am confident I will cross the finish line on September 17.

No comments: