Thursday, July 27, 2006

My New Car

Yesterday I purchased a used car. It is an Ambassador (see description below) which continues to produced with the same body as it had back in the 1950's. In my mind it is a classic, however my Indian co-workers and friends are shocked that it is my vehicle of choice. In a country that is taking leaps and bounds ahead in development respective to its past, I guess they find it strange for me to be drawn to something considered to be part of its history.

The cars color is almost always white and I am having mine painted black to add a little spice to it. Pictures of the car will be posted soon.

Ambassador - "the first car to be manufactured in India, has been ruling the Indian roads ever since its inception in 1948. Ambassador, the only automobile to ply Indian roads for more than five decades now, has carved a special niche for itself in the passenger car segment. It's dependability, spaciousness and comfort factor have made it the most preferred car for generations of Indians. The Ambassador's time-tested, tough, accommodating and practical characteristics make it a truly Indianised car. "

No comments: