Friday, July 07, 2006

Thailand

After seven weeks in India, I was in need of some Rest and Relaxation. My entry into the India was congested with learning about the culture, surroundings, my new organization and role, finding a place to live, furnishings for the new crib (as all I brought to India was some clothing and a few personal affects), and overall sensory overload. I was thrilled to head to Thailand for five days! We arrived in Bangkok after a long day of travel and went and got reflexology massages that slowly drained the tension and stress out of bodies. Bankok is a very modern and clean city and the contrast between it and Hyderabad was apparent. The lack of omnipresent honking and people was refreshing. Not to mention the ability to get a cheeseburger and Heineken, something that I had been deprived of recently. The lack of things that back home I would have taken for granted made every experience exhilarating and precious as I knew that it was going to be awhile till my next taste of certain small pleasures. We spent our time visiting temples, touring a riverboat market, exploring the coast, taking advantage of little big things we cannot attain in India and relaxing on the beach.

No comments: